As we get closer to the launch of SkillSelect on 1 July, we would like to point out the benefits of being ready to submit an expression of interest (EOI).
- It’s free to submit an EOI!
- You don’t have to meet the pass mark on the points test to submit an EOI. However you won’t receive an invitation for the points based visas unless you meet the pass mark. You can build upon your EOI to achieve the desired pass mark for points based skilled migration or you can be considered by employers for employer sponsorship.
- You can update your profile in SkillSelect at any time, and have the ability to continually build on your EOI as your credentials and experience grow.
- Your details will be available to employers who can search for and contact you to discuss employment opportunities. This may increase your opportunity to receive sponsorship.
- You can select interest in more than one visa subclass in the same EOI. This means you can be considered for invitation or sponsorship for any of the visas in which you are interested —all from the one EOI.
- SkillSelect will provide you with feedback on your visa eligibility based on the information you provide on your EOI—giving you an indication of the visas for which you may meet the threshold criteria.
- Submitting EOIs and visa applications is an online process, saving you time as you can gain access to your SkillSelect account 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- If you are invited to apply, visa processing will be more responsive, as the total number of invitations and applications will be controlled and matched to the migration program.
Where to start
- Visit www.skillselect.gov.au
- Find out what visas best suit you
- Find out what you need to have prepared for these visas
- Gather all your information and evidence
- Be ready on 1 July to submit your EOI
For more information visit www.skillselect.gov.au or read our previous blog posts at http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/category/skillselect/