Go to top of page

Has your Australian visa expired?

If you have overstayed your visa, you should visit an immigration office as soon as possible and ask to speak to an immigration officer from the Community Status Resolution Service, known as the CSRS.

CSRS officers work with people who have overstayed their visa or been granted a Bridging visa E (BVE) while they resolve an immigration matter.

There are advantages for approaching us within 28 days of your visa expiring. The sooner you see us, the more options you may have.

The department conducts regular checks to identify and locate people in the community who have breached their visa conditions or whose visas have expired. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your options as soon as possible.

You have a choice—you can do something about your situation now.

For more information about the CSRS, expired visas or BVEs, visit www.immi.gov.au/csrs or phone
1300 853 773.

You can phone anonymously and seek general information or you can speak to the operator in more detail about your circumstances. For interpreting assistance, phone 131 450.