The Department is changing the way it interacts with our clients by investing in technology that provides access to online self-service options at any time, anywhere.
What can you do online?
ImmiAccount turned one in December 2014, with more than 1.5 million users signing up in its first year. ImmiAccount helps reduce the need for you to attend an office or ring our general enquiries number to access the majority of our services, saving you time and allowing you to interact with the Department at your convenience.
To complement the ImmiAccount service, our website also hosts a range of useful forms and general information on our visa products. These online services take away the need for you to wait in a long line at an office or in a queue on the phone.
Our user friendly online facilities allow us to deliver you better and more efficient services including:
- Factsheets to guide you through the information you need
- Interactive user guides to help you resolve any e-lodgement issues you may have
- Applying for visas
- Checking the progress of your online application
- The ability to search for information
- Checking your work and study entitlements
- Updating your personal details
- The ability to calculate the fee for your visa application
- Being able to conduct your own research with online tools such as our visa finder
Why is online better for you?
ImmiAccount allows for your applications to be submitted instantly. Attachments can be loaded at any time, meaning there is a reduced processing time for some visas.
For an increasing number of visa subclasses, ImmiAccount can provide you with a complete online processing experience, from beginning to end.
Our online environment has been designed to be convenient for you and we are working hard to make sure you have reliable support available.
Delivering services online allows our interactions with you to be personal and local, tailored to you and your circumstances. We have focussed on understanding your journey to effectively accommodate and enhance your immigration experience.