It is now easier to find out how to apply for citizenship, thanks to your feedback and research conducted by us. We’ve made some changes to the citizenship pages on our website.
We’ve improved the navigation to make it easier to find what you’re looking for, and we’ve simplified the information so it’s easier to read and understand.
We’ve made it easier to find out what you need to do to apply if you:
- are a migrant with permanent residence
- are the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen
- were born overseas to a former Australian citizen
- arrived under the Commonwealth Child Migration Scheme
- lost Australian citizenship and want to resume citizenship
- are a New Zealand citizen
- are Australian and adopted a child overseas
- are Australian and your child was born overseas
- are a Refugee and Humanitarian entrant
- are Australian and need evidence of your citizenship.
If you have applied for citizenship online, or are in the process of applying, your application will not be affected and you will still be able to access your application through your ImmiAccount.
For more information, visit our new citizenship pages today.