Go to top of page

Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) - what you need to do next

If you arrived in Australia on a Partner (Provisional) visa, it is important to inform us about any changes to your personal details, such as a new residential address or new passport details. You can provide this information by completing Form 929. If your family circumstances have changed, fill in Form 1022.

Two years after you first lodged your Partner (Provisional) visa application overseas, we will send you a letter via email or the post requesting the information we need to consider your permanent visa application. It is important to keep your contact details updated to ensure you receive your letter.

If it has been more than two years since you first lodged your application overseas and you have not received a letter from us, you can apply through ImmiAccount or download the documents you need from our website.