The inaugural Visitor Visa Program Quarterly Report is now available. The report provides information about the nine visa subclasses that are within the Visitor visa program. The aim is to increase the openness, accountability and accessibility to statistics in relation to the Visitor visa program, and will be of particular interest to the tourism industry.
The report provides information on applications, grants, arrivals and processing times.
The report highlights that Visitor visa grants increased by 2.8 per cent in 2010-11 compared to 2009–10. This can be partially attributed to a 31.8 per cent increase in Visitor visas granted to Chinese citizens.
The visa subclasses in the report are:
- Superyacht Crew (subclass 488)
- Business Visitor (short stay) (subclass 456)
- Sponsored Business Visitor (subclass 459)
- eVisitor (subclass 651)
- Tourist (subclass 676)
- Sponsored Family Visitor (subclass 679)
- ETA (Business Entrant—Long Validity) (subclass 956)
- ETA (Business Entrant—Short Validity) (subclass 977)
- ETA (Visitor)(subclass 976).
In response to your feedback, we plan to develop this report further.