From 13 March 2017, you'll be able to view current visa and citizenship application processing times. This information will be available for most visa and citizenship types, and can be found on the visa and citizenship pages of our website, as well as Visa Finder.
This means that you'll receive up-to-date information related to your application, to give you an idea of how long it will take to process.
Estimated processing times will be updated regularly to reflect current caseloads at our visa processing locations. Two processing times will be displayed for most subclasses, indicating how long it takes to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications globally.
To gain an accurate estimate of how long it will take to process your application, you must lodge a complete application. It is important to note that applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and that actual processing times may change depending on individual circumstances including:
· whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents
· how long you take to respond to requests for additional information
· how long it takes to perform required checks
· how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health,
character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
· the number of places available in the migration programme
· increased number of applications and peak periods.
For further information on these changes, visit our website.